If you're ever in Tulum, stay at Trecelunas
So I am way behind here. December and January were busy months for us, and I'd like to have a record of some of the things we did. I've been unmotivated to catch up on all of this, because I didn't have any pictures. I didn't have any pictures because I thought my camera was stolen while we were in Mexico. Then, on Thursday my dad forwarded me the following email...
"Hello, I'm looking for Leanne Mueller, recently in vacationing near or in Tulum. Please can you have her write me so I can send her lost items to her. Thanks, Amanda."
I had my dad's old email address on a little piece of paper in my wallet (here's to keeping the same wallet for years and rarely cleaning it out!) I guess my stuff had fallen out of my backpack at a restaurant (we had even gone back there searching for it) and this person found it there. The old email address was the only contact info she could find in there. He rarely checks this account anymore, so it had been sitting in there for a couple of weeks before he saw it and sent it to me. I immediately wrote her back, and among other things, asked her where it had turned up. Shortly after I got this...
"Hi Leanne!
I'm so happy someone got back to me, as I couldn't for the life of me find you on the internet and there was a number in your wallet that didn't work. But obviously your dad's email was in it and we found you! You had left your wallet one night at Mateo's Grill beside our cafe Trecelunas and we found it first thing in the morning, however, no one showed up to claim the items until the afternoon and I had already left, I'd figured you'd be there in the morning!
Anyway I'll fedex your wallet and camera to you to the address you sent and there is $60US and I'll use this to send it and leave the rest in your wallet. Give me please until monday to send it, but know that your camera and wallet are safe!!!! Please pass this on to your dad too!!! And good luck to you!"
I'm so happy someone got back to me, as I couldn't for the life of me find you on the internet and there was a number in your wallet that didn't work. But obviously your dad's email was in it and we found you! You had left your wallet one night at Mateo's Grill beside our cafe Trecelunas and we found it first thing in the morning, however, no one showed up to claim the items until the afternoon and I had already left, I'd figured you'd be there in the morning!
Anyway I'll fedex your wallet and camera to you to the address you sent and there is $60US and I'll use this to send it and leave the rest in your wallet. Give me please until monday to send it, but know that your camera and wallet are safe!!!! Please pass this on to your dad too!!! And good luck to you!"
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! So this lady who works at, or owns this cafe/hotel next door to the restaurant we ate at found my stuff first thing in the morning and held onto it until she finally tracked me down. Even my cash was still in the wallet!
Reasons I Love This...
1. Reminder that there are great people out there who really make an effort to do good things.
2. We get our pictures back!!! We had lost all our Christmas/vacation pictures and were feeling pretty heartbroken over that. (And we're pretty happy to have the camera to go along with it)
3.I didn't have to take my driving test to replace my lost license (I was getting ready to go in and take it the next morning)
4. I'll get to finish this project that I'd been working on for almost an entire year
5. It almost makes up for the fake "speeding ticket" (aka scam) we got on our way to the airport for $310... I'm sure that cop was buying tequilas for all his buddies that night. One kick in the pants on the way out of town is better than two.
I'm not sure how long it takes to fedex something from Tulum, Mexico... but there will be a celebration when that package arrives!

2 Comments:
That is so exciting Leanne! It is great to know that there are people like that in the world.....sometimes you wonder.
Miracle. Seriously. It totally restores my faith in the human race. People are good!
Post a Comment
<< Home