Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Some Very Sweet "Thank-Yous"

Back in August our Relief Society (the women's group at church) worked on a project to donate school supplies to kids in our community. Lots of people helped with the project, but I was the one in charge of organizing it. We delivered some of our school supply kits to an elementary school in our school district, and some of them to the local Boys and Girls club. A few weeks later (and one of the Sundays I actually happened to be at church in our ward) I was handed a big envelope full of sweet little thank-you notes from kids at the Boys and Girls club. This project happened to fall at a really hectic time for me, and it happened to be a particularly time consuming project, so I admit to not having the very best attitude about it the whole time (sometimes I had a GREAT attitude about it, just not always :) But when I saw these notes, my heart melted and I admit they made me cry (did I mention I was handed these minutes before our Relief Society meeting that I was supposed to be conducting? Yeah, they made me cry in front of everyone) So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share a few.





This one made me laugh "ladies of the church"...
This is the first one I read... can you blame me for crying?

5 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

wow! I got teary-eyed reading those, I can't imagine how that must have made you feel after such a big project that you put together. How sweet! What a great project to do for those boys and girls. Good job Leanne!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Melissa Chorba said...

those are sooo sweet! I am crying at work (that's what I get for slackin' off!)

1:48 PM  
Blogger jessica.pope said...

Oh man, Lee. Wow. I would have bawled, too. What a wonderful project and you deserve all the thanks (no matter how heartbreaking)--you made a big difference in their lives. :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Those are so sweet!! Definitely helps knowing all that work really did help those children!! Good job!! Wish I could have helped too!!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

What a rewarding feeling. Good job scanning them and having them on record forever. That's something you should look back on often for inspiration. Good job Lee!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home