Four Months Later...
We're home! For good! Kind of... Dave still has interviews, and we will be visiting family over the holidays, but we're finally done with the four months of "away" rotations! In those four months, Owen and I visited over a dozen cities, utilized almost every mode of transportation, and visited lots of family and friends! We also got so very behind on "real life" at home, and I'm still trying to catch up... blog included.
Back in October Dave had a 4 week rotation in Dayton, Ohio. Luckily, he happens to have a sister who lives there, and was able to stay with family for those four weeks. Owen and I also got to spend some time in Dayton, and really loved it! There were so many museums, gardens and parks that were FREE! We were on vacation mode (while Dave was at work :( and had a big outing every morning that we were there. Some of our favorites - The National Air Force Museum, Boonshoft Museum, Art Institute, and Wegerzyn Gardens.
We were there at the height of fall-leaf perfection.
The Children's Discovery Garden at Wegerzyn Gardens. There were so many charming little details and fun things for kids.






The Dayton Art Institute is free and fantastic! They have an entire section just for kids. Both of the white dog pieces are by Yoshitomo Nara.

I especially liked "Flying Pup King"

This was a big sculpture made out of wiggly butterflies, and tons of jellybeans. Whenever I ask Owen to stand in front of something so I can take a picture, he insists on sitting down. He also insisted on trying to eat the jellybeans, and ended up blurry here.

Boonshoft Museum of Discovery is SO great!! And free with our Cleveland Zoo Pass! This light screen was my favorite part, but Owen didn't seem to like it as much. He's about to make his big escape here...

National Air Force Museum! Right up Owen (and Dave's) alley! So many airplanes, you could spend a week in there!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home