Monday, December 07, 2009

Stitches

It seems fitting that Owen's second birthday, and his first set of stitches will occur in the same week! After a run- in with a tippy shopping cart and a bunch of shelves, he is the proud owner of five stitches and a nice shiner to go along with it.

Kind of a yucky shot moments after he got stitched up. He HATED being all strapped down, and got so sweaty from crying. The poor nurse was having a hard time holding his head still.
Finally crashed on the way home... at least he got his binky all day.
The day after, enjoying a "wogurt pah-kickle"

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah and Troy said...

Did Dave have anything to do with that shopping cart? He used one as a weapon against my ankle once. I still hate him a little bit for that.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Melissa Chorba said...

I saw what Dave did to him on Sunday ;) Seriously though, I hope it's not bothering him too much now! How long will he have the stitches?

8:42 PM  
Blogger Mitz said...

Ok this post made me giggle, not cause poor Owen had a trip to the hospital but because I can totally relate!!! Porter put his teeth through his top lip on his bis birthday and to calm him down I gave him the exact same yogurt tube, wrapped in paper towel - except he calls his a "yogurt freezie." Cute little boys! Hope he's doing ok!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Oh my goodness...that first picture makes it look so bad! I am still so sorry, and hoping like crazy (now that I've seen what's under the band-aid) that he doesn't have a massive "Brynlee" scar!

Did they tell you to use mederma on it??? That is what my niece had to use on her face after she got bit by a dog. Poor Owen!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Erica,
it looks MUCH better now! It was all swollen and puffy from the stuff they used to numb it, plus it was right after he got stitched (like, literally a minute after) Now it's healing up nicely, and the stitches come out tomorrow!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Poor Owen! That looks horrible. I hope it doesn't leave too bad of a scar. I got 7 stitches right above up upper lip when I was in 7th grade, looked like I had a mustache for awhile with the black stitches. You can still see my scar pretty good without makeup...that's one of the blessings of being a girl, you can wear makeup to cover things! haha.

Hope Owen is doing better now, and I guess he already has his stitches out??

12:10 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

My poor little Owey!!!! At least he'll have a good story to tell about his first set of stitches... didn't waste any time getting that baby boy requirement checked off the list! How was his birthday? We want to talk to you and hear all about it.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home