Saturday, November 14, 2009

Halloweeny Things...

Last year, Owen wore skeleton PJ's for his Halloween costume. This year, Owen wore skeleton PJ's for his Halloween costume. I blame it on Halloween falling at a particularly busy time for us, but really... I think it is the best costume in the world. It's cheap, comfy, no bulky pieces he would (most definitely) refuse to keep on, and he can wear them to sleep in for the rest of the year. I might just try to see how many years I can get away with it... This year, we made it to our ward's trunk-or-treat/Halloween party the week before. Owen was a little freaked out by the costumes, but after one or two (self decorated) cupcakes, he loosened up a bit and had a good time. Dave had to take a test in Philadelphia on November 2nd, so we headed out a few days early to see his sister and family who happen to live there. We went to their ward's trunk-or-treat, and then trick-or-treated for real on the big day. Well, we trick-or-treated until we got soaked by a perfectly timed downpour of rain. Owen was, once again, freaked out by the costumes...particularly by his cousin's Darth Vader mask... but managed to get quite a candy stash with his little munchkin version of "twick-oh-dweat!"

2008
2009
Moments after we all got drenched...
All the kids getting ready to go.... Owen looking terrified by it all.
Decorating pumpkins.
Trunk or Treat - Star Wars style...
At the ward Halloween party... trying to eat a sucker and play mini golf simultaneously... somehow sent the ball behind him.

At a pumpkin patch near Ashland. See? I told him I wanted to take his picture, so he's trying to sit...

Looking a little worried in the hay maze, and rightly so... he's about to get plowed over.
Little boys admiring the free kitten... I always have to exercise a LOT of self control around free kittens, so I don't end up taking one home.
We drove through Amish country to get to the pumpkin patch. I loved all the corn stalk towers, and made Dave pull over so I could get a good look.

1 Comments:

Blogger dynamike said...

Owen kills me. Of course Darth Vadar masks were going to make him nervous if boat waves on the beach sent him running the other direction... hee hee! What a funny little boy!
All I have to say is: Mr. Bones foreva'!!!! it IS the perfect Halloween costume!

That last shot of Amish country is a framer Lee... GORGEOUS.

Erin

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home