A little project and some other things
So I was glancing through the archives for this blog, and I realized that (believe it or not) it was Dave who started it and kept it going for the first few months. If we did something fun, sometimes we would post about it together, but it was almost entirely him. Clearly, in the past few months, there has been a full fledged takeover. What once started with posts about medical school and Bucs hockey, is about to show you a little craft project I did...I will even be including phrases such as "mod podge"and "floral isle". Sorry Dave!
I was thinking about what to do for a Christmas present for my sister this year (we rotate names) and I thought I would try making these little glass stone magnets as part of her gift. And yes, I know it is only October, but when I am excited about something I love to plan! My house is FULL of lists. Anyway, I just bought some of those glass stones from the floral supply isle (large ones with a flat side), some mod podge, a paintbrush and some magnets (they need to be kind of strong, not the really skinny kind). I cut out some pictures from magazines and glued them on using a very thin layer of mod podge. Then I glued the magnets on, and done! If you do try this, I would recommend using either really thick paper or putting a double layer of paper on the back. The magnet shows through a little, even in the darker patterns. I like how they turned out, but I might need to try again before using them as gifts.


Also, I LOVE Fall. I love it for so many different reasons, but right now I especially love that this is the view from my living room window...

It is great living so close to the marsh, but we do get more bugs I think. Bigger, weirder, and more of them... I found a praying mantis outside our front door that was over 5 inches long once. And we recently had a mini infestation of roly poly bugs (they came to spray and I've only seen one or two since). BUT, I get to look at this when I open my curtains!
I was thinking about what to do for a Christmas present for my sister this year (we rotate names) and I thought I would try making these little glass stone magnets as part of her gift. And yes, I know it is only October, but when I am excited about something I love to plan! My house is FULL of lists. Anyway, I just bought some of those glass stones from the floral supply isle (large ones with a flat side), some mod podge, a paintbrush and some magnets (they need to be kind of strong, not the really skinny kind). I cut out some pictures from magazines and glued them on using a very thin layer of mod podge. Then I glued the magnets on, and done! If you do try this, I would recommend using either really thick paper or putting a double layer of paper on the back. The magnet shows through a little, even in the darker patterns. I like how they turned out, but I might need to try again before using them as gifts.
Also, I LOVE Fall. I love it for so many different reasons, but right now I especially love that this is the view from my living room window...
It is great living so close to the marsh, but we do get more bugs I think. Bigger, weirder, and more of them... I found a praying mantis outside our front door that was over 5 inches long once. And we recently had a mini infestation of roly poly bugs (they came to spray and I've only seen one or two since). BUT, I get to look at this when I open my curtains!

7 Comments:
Cute idea and awesome view!!! You are so creative.
Those are so cute! I love doing little crafty things like that, maybe you could show me how to make those!
I love the view you have too, much better than the back of the house I am looking at!
Those are way cute!! I think I'm going to try them, just to clarify, you mod podged the magazine picture to the back of the stone, then the magnet to the back of the picture, right? Those are very cute!!
Yes! Make sure to push out all the air bubbles after you stick it on. I found these bigger glass stones at Joann... I'm sure any size would work though.
So cute lee- those look amazing. You should perfect your method and sell them! Your view is perfect by the way.
I love that you are being so crafty.
I love your magnets! I've made some like that before, but I didn't find paper that cute! Where did you get that...magazines did you say? I love them! Owen's jacket is so cute the one he wore to the pumpkin patch. I love it.
Post a Comment
<< Home