Monday, September 15, 2008

A September Update

I am getting excited for Fall. I love Fall weather, the upcoming holiday season, and everything "back to school" (I know I'm not even in school anymore). I can't wait for the leaves to change, we should have a great view of them from our living room window! The weather here has been beautiful lately, and we've been trying to get out more - taking walks, flying planes, playing at the park ("playing" = Owen swings). Dave has been busy with his second rotation in OB at the hospital. He has gotten to see some interesting labor/deliveries, c-sections, and other surgeries and seems to be enjoying it. The hours can be long, and he is on call every other day. I guess we'll all have to get used to it, this is only the beginning! So, Owen and I are getting to spend a lot of quality "one on one" time together. I also just got called to be the Education Counselor in the Relief Society here, so that should help keep me busy and involved in the ward. Owen is 9 months old now and busier than ever. He loves to stand up and wishes he could walk. He pulls up on everything and cruises around the furniture all day. He has 7 teeth now (4 on top and 3 on bottom) and is looking pretty funny... I mean cute (he is darling, really). He is always surprising me with what he is able to do, whether it is discovering that he can get into all the cleaning supplies (oops), or that he found some gross wormy looking bug thing and happily bit it in half with his sharp new teeth (sick). Apparently he is also trying out new ways to nap. After a long struggle over morning naps, I finally just stuck him in his bed and let him cry. Eventually he got quiet, and after awhile I snuck in his room to see what he had been doing (for some reason I'm always curious to see how he finally falls asleep after a big long battle). Today I was not disappointed, he was sleeping soundly like this...

So of course I had to risk waking him up by taking this picture, and then helped him into what I think is a more comfortable sleeping position - but I guess that is a matter of opinion.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Reeve said...

Hey I got your blog from FB. Check ours out if you want
reevechronicles.blogspot.com

1:44 PM  
Blogger Brett and Rachael said...

LOL!!! I laughed so hard when I saw that picture! So funny. Jess was here last night and we talked about how fun it would be to all meet up in Ny! We really should get some plans rolling on that! I miss you

10:04 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Oh that is so dang cute! Sounds like you guys are doing good! Isn't it weird that our husband like seeing blood and guts and other stuff! YUCK! Anywho, I guess that is why we are moms and get to see poop and vomit! FUN! Miss ya!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dave,
I was talking to Scott Holt and he said I could contact you through your blog. It have been a while and I would like to catch up. Give me a call sometime or send me and e-mail. 520-234-1135 or landonspils@cox.net
Thanks,
Landon Spilsbury

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home