
Last week Owen and I went to Toronto for the first time (for both of us!). We met up with my parents who were staying downtown so my dad could take a course on becoming a coroner. Owen and I drove through Detroit and into Ontario where we caught a train that took us the rest of the way to Toronto. It was so great to see my parents, and so fun to see Toronto! We did lots of the fun touristy things there and Owen seemed to love the "urban baby" life! He was always smiling at people and laughing at who knows what? He's been pulling really goofy faces lately, including his "smiling face". We would be walking down the street (Owen in his stroller) and people walking the other way would start laughing and say "look at his face!!" Sure enough, he'd be making some weird toothy smile at them. It seemed to be working for him though, he made lots of friends while we were there. It was my first experience with a baby in a big city and it was so much fun! It required a bit or creativity, and a bit of muscle at times (not all subway stations have stroller access = lots of lifting). We saw lots of Toronto, but I would love to go back and see more. Thanks again mom and dad for sharing your trip with us!!!!
Ambassador Bridge is where we crossed to and from Canada.

Owen loved the train, for the first 2 hours at least.

Having fun on top of the double
decker bus. Look at that hair
blowin in the wind! (Another first)

Chinatown. After English, Chinese is the most commonly spoken language in Toronto (we were told only 2% speak French).

View of the city from the very top of the
CN tower
Skydome from the
CN tower

Owen spitting up over the glass floor at the top of the
CN tower. I'm not usually afraid of heights, but I have to admit, it kind of freaked me out to walk all the way out there to clean it up. Nice aim Owen.

Owen, clearly, was not at all troubled by the glass floor and crawled all over it. This delighted a group of Japanese tourists who happened to be passing by at that moment.

Casa Loma - where they filmed X- Men. It is Xavier's School for the mutants. Lots of movies are filmed in Toronto, we also got to see where they filmed scenes from The Hulk, Cinderella Man, Chicago, Goodwill Hunting (they said they use University of Toronto to film most Harvard scenes in movies). Someone told us she went to one of the salons a few weeks ago and Jude Law was there getting a pedicure...??

Inside Casa Loma. I need to re-watch the movies now.

Playing in the Casa Loma fountain, showing off his new (very VERY sharp) teeth. We're working on the biting thing.


It seems fitting that Owen got some new winter clothes in Toronto. He hasn't actually needed to wear them yet, but he was pretty cute trying them on.

4 Comments:
Now you have made me what to go, it looks like a lot of fun. Canada is one of those places I would like to visit at some point in my life!
Welcome Back! It looks like you guys had a great time! You'll have to tell me about the train ride!
First of all the bug. Holy CRAP!
I love you pictures. Jordon and I got a kick out of him throwing up on the glass. Owen is getting so big. I can't believe the mouth full of teeth he has. I quit nursing Maya two weeks ago. Her teeth were to much for me! OUCH.
We miss you guys bad!!!
Haha, Leanne, the CN Tower's glass floor freaked me out, too. Looks like you had an amazing trip!
Post a Comment
<< Home