Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sometimes I wonder why we even buy toys. It seems like kids are just as happy playing with something random, free, and already in the house. I remember one year my sister announcing that she was going to give her kids boxes for Christmas. Great big boxes with markers and scissors to decorate them with. She did, and they loved it. Some of Owen's current favorites are the kitchen whisk, any kind of lotion bottle or tube (especially small travel size ones that fit in his hand nicely), the bathroom scale, magazines, the broken wheel on our computer chair (he likes to spin it), watching the laundry go around in the washer/dryer, and the laundry basket. Usually he is content to play with the basket on his own, but every once in awhile Dave gives him a little ride around the house. Some things never change. More than twenty years later, a laundry basket and a belt prove to be just as entertaining as ever. Despite my grumpy face and partial mullet, I know I LOVED this. And yes, that is in fact the SAME laundry basket in both pictures.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeff and Laura said...

Leanne...hopefully you remember me..it's Laura (Hessing) Johnson from Boise. Your family is so cute. So Ohio huh! You guys look so happy and I am glad I was able to find your blog.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jodi Reeve said...

I feel the same way, well until they get a little older. I don't buy christmas for 1 or 2 year olds, what is the point? they like the paper. I might get a few new clothes, but not much else.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I just found a link to your blog on Jodi's. Blogs are fun. I totally agree with your post about the toys. I don't think Gracen hardly ever plays with the baby toys. He is always in Brynlee's toys or playing in the kitchen cupboards, kinda funny!
If you want to check out our blog it is
nate-ericathompson.blogspot.com

8:20 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

I need to get one of those laundry baskets!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

that is a really cute idea to ride around in a laundry basket! cheap entertainment!! =) it looks like owen loves it! --Rachel

6:29 PM  
Blogger dynamike said...

So great Lee, so great. I still have the laundry basket that says, "Wendy" on it. I love how those laundry baskets have made it through like 16 moves eh? They're good ones! Maybe Owen will pull his own baby around in the same one with a belt. Ha!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

What a cute post Leanne! I am seriously so surprised that laundry basket has survived all these years... ours would have been into pieces! Plus with all the rides you and Erin had and now Owen, it still looks in perfect condition! I liked how you listed all the things he enjoys playing with around the house as well.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Kari Lyn said...

I found you on Erica's! Love the basket! Brandon STILL plays in the basket and he is *9*.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I guess I should have registered for a plastic laundry basket instead of a wicker one. It sounds like you're doing great and I love that last post with him sitting up sleeping. Jackson used to do that all the time, but I've had yet to find Mitchell in such interesting positions. Miss you.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home