5 Days Left of Summer
I have exactly 5 days left of summer. I say this, because
on Sept 14 at 11:10 am, Owen and I begin our epic
journey northward. From that point on, things like t-shirts,
shorts, warm days at the beach and sandals will officially
be a thing of the past... We are traveling up to Moose
Factory, Ontario, Canada to stay with my parents
for a few weeks while Dave is (STILL) doing his "away"
rotations. (Six weeks left! But who's counting?)
This little journey will include:
-Two days
-Two flights
-One night in a hotel (in Timmins, ON - birthplace of
Shania Twain! Oh yeah!)
-Rental car
-Taxi ride
-Bus ride
-Train ride on the Polar Bear Express (because there
are no roads up there)
-Most likely a few tantrums and possibly one or two
doses of benadryl (umm.. jk... kind of)
- We'll finish things off with a water taxi ride from the
mainland (Moosonee)to the island of Moose Factory.
Remote enough? It shouldn't be as complicated as it
sounds :) especially since my parents are meeting us at
the airport in Timmins and taking us the rest of the way
there. An added bonusis that my sister and her little boy
are making the journey as well! I meet up with her in Toronto.
I'm excited to see Moose Factory! My parents have lived there
for about 2 years now, and I'm looking forward to seeing the
place the call home (for the moment anyway!)
Maybe I'll learn how to make my own moccasins while I'm up
there.

3 Comments:
Sounds exciting!! Yeah for almost being done with away rotations! I hope you guys have a great time up there, good luck with the trip!
Wow! What a crazy journey! Sounds like fun and very cold. Hopefully there will be no tantrums from Owen...but I know what you mean about the benadryl! NOT that I have tried it...lately. haha. jk...kind of. ;)
Good luck on the trip! Glad to hear your husband is almost done with his rotations! That's awesome. We still have a year to go but it will go by fast...I hope.
That sounds like so much fun! I loved the pictures too!! I would like to go some place like that. Buuut...In the end I think I want to be done traveling to and from Canada alone. Not alone- alone would be easier. I hope this next flight is our last for a while!
Post a Comment
<< Home