Des Moines
Here are some pictures from our trip to Des Moines. Dave had to go back to his school for a week of testing (he is now officially a 4th year student! yeah yeah!) And Owen and I tagged along to visit the lovely city of Des Moines and hang out with our friends there. We all piled into one house (9 kids, 7 adults) and partied all week! The house we stayed at had a great big fenced in back yard with lots of fun toys, so all the kids were in barefoot, dirt-covered heaven. Other activities included - zoo, splash pad (with free kid lunches!), pool, $1 kid movies, ice cream, shopping, staying up waaay too late talking, going out for Thai food (without kids!) and some testing I guess (according to me... the non-student :)
Trying to keep Owen happily entertained on the 10 hour car trip...
Running through some bones at the zoo...
Just the grown-ups at the King and I. Such delicious food...such tiny to-go boxes. I loved it.
All the kiddos eating ice cream.
Checking things out at the splash pad...

Next stop for Dave: Lansing, MI
Next stop for Owie and I: Alberta/Montana
Trying to keep Owen happily entertained on the 10 hour car trip...
Next stop for Dave: Lansing, MI
Next stop for Owie and I: Alberta/Montana

3 Comments:
I love reading your blog Lee! Seriously it is so cute! I can't believe how big Owen is! when are you headed to Alberta? We are too next week. Hopefully we will get to see you! Miss You!
What a fun trip. Your crazy summer of travel is off to a great start!
How fun! I would have loved to have crashed that party for a few hours. The pic of the kids eating ice cream is too cute. Cool that Dave's sister lives near Philly -- if you end up in PA at any point, we'll definitely have to meet up! Good luck/have fun on your tripS.
Post a Comment
<< Home