Wednesday, July 08, 2009

And So it Begins...

This past weekend we were able to spend the holiday with Dave's family at Deep Creek Lake, MD. It is always so beautiful and green there, and it was great to spend time with family. This little adventure marks the beginning of a crazy summer of traveling. This weekend we are driving back to Des Moines so Dave can take a test and so we can see friends, and after that Dave starts his "audition rotations" at various hospitals with residency programs he is interested in. This means he will, for the most part, be living somewhere besides here for the next 3-4 months. He'll mostly be in Ohio and Michigan, but far enough away that he'll have to stay where he's at, and maybe come home for the weekends. While he's gone, I'll be popping in and out of town, mostly to visit family, including a couple of flights to Canada...with Owen...just the two of us. I'm sooo excited to see everyone, but I'm kind of bracing myself for it all. An 18 month old Owen is so very sweet, but can also be a fearsome thing to behold when circumstances are not ideal. Wish me luck :)


Fireworks and Sparklers!


The boys going for a little walk in the woods...this was right after Owen face-planted into the gravel...he usually won't hold hands.
All the kids made tie dye t-shirts to wear on the 4th.
Riding the Mountain Coaster
Dave going up the mountain
At the lake in front of the family's cabin.
"cheeeese"Even though it was kind of rainy and cold, the cousins got in for a swim
After watching them run and jump off the dock for awhile, Owen was dying to get in there with them. He would have jumped off the dock any second if we didn't keep our hands on him the whole time.We finally let him get in this much

4 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Oh Leanne, I am feeling those same exact feelings right now with my husband starting his rotations in just a few weeks. However, he won't have to be away for his first two rotations but it will be 40-80 hour weeks...kind of scary! I glad you get to visit with your family during that time, that will help a lot, I hope! Cute pictures of Owen and I love that picture of you and him together. You are so pretty Leanne!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! We didn't take Cambria to go see fireworks this year, but maybe next year! Good luck with all the changes coming your way!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Great pictures. What a perfect 4th of July. I LOVE that picture of Dave and Owen where it's kind of dark out... that has got to be the sweetest thing. All of the pictures are great actually.

You'll do great. I'll send you positive travel vibes these next few weeks!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Those were great pictures Lee. You must have a great camera, because I can't ever seem to get good fireworks shots. Sorry that life is getting crazy for you guys. Luckily you only have another year then, right?

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home