Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer Trips - Maryland

We spent July visiting both of our families. After we dropped our stuff off in our new apartment, we left to go see Dave's family in Maryland. My parents were also able to come. We spent a few days at Deep Creek Lake, and a few days at Dave's parents house. We had lots of adventures, and of course, took lots of pictures.

Here is a view from the top of a hill near Dave's house. I love the broccoli hills there, everything is so green.We got to ride the MOUNTAIN COASTER at Deep Creek Lake. Here is a picture of us going up the hill...
And here is Dave coming down again.
We rode the train from Cumberland to Frostburg
On the train View from the train. You could walk between cars to see the open air view, but you were guaranteed to get soot in your eyes...and everywhere else.

Trying out his new ladybug floaty
Matching tilleys on the lake
Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater in Pennsylvania
Deep Creek Lake
Owen loved hiking


Dave almost fell off this waterfall on our last visit (before we were married). Luckily I was there to save him :)




3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Gorgeous pictures Lee! You guys had such a fun vacation eh? It is stunning out there- lucky Dave to have grown up in such a place, and lucky you that you always have an excuse to go back and visit!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Those are really awesome pictures! I'm taking Nick (my husband) out East for the first time in October. The furthest east he has ever been is Colorado! I hope he'll enjoy Cumberland. Hopefully it will be as beautiful as it is in your pictures! I am glad you guys had a great time!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Those are really awesome pictures! I'm taking Nick (my husband) out East for the first time in October. The furthest east he has ever been is Colorado! I hope he'll enjoy Cumberland. Hopefully it will be as beautiful as it is in your pictures! I am glad you guys had a great time!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home