Saturday, June 07, 2008

Stormy Nights...

The weather here in Iowa has been a little crazy this past week. I'm sure you all heard the news about a tornado more than a mile wide which leveled the town of Parkersburg just northeast of here. If not... check out the videos below.

So yeah... We had our crazy brush with Iowa weather Thursday night as a wild storm rolled into Des Moines. I was at school and Leanne was at home around 10PM when the tornado sirens fired off. My buddy and I rushed over to our apartment to ride out the weather. We turned on the news and could see that a funnel cloud was forming over West Des Moines. You could see it in the clouds as the lighting flashed. Luckily, it never descended all the way to the ground and the funnel cloud moved on it's way.

It was our first brush with a tornado siren in our 2 years here. It was enough to get the adrenaline flowing. Of course my friend Brent, who is from Nebraska, laughed about how intense we were about the whole thing.

In the end the only real danger to Des Moines was a good bit of flooding. I just had to share this photo with you all. Why the horse?? It was on the East Side... Who knows what they do over there.

FYI... Here are some crazy videos from Parkersburg last week.


0 Comments:

<< Home