Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Twin Cities

We just got back from a little overnight trip up to Minneapolis. We wanted to get up there to visit before we moved away from the area. We had lots of fun, and it was great to finally get to spend time with Dave since he just finished taking his boards (yeah!). We visited a little global market and had some yummy Middle Eastern food, stopped by the Walker Art Center Sculpture Gardens, and of course, we went to the Mall of America. The mall had a fun aquarium that was all underground. We went through these tubes and watched the fish swim all around us. It also has an amusement park with roller coasters and a little lego land with all kinds of lego creations. Owen found all of this most interesting. I think his favorite part though, was sleeping in a drawer. Our hotel was out of cribs, so we made a bed for him in one of the drawers in our room. He slept really well, and we all had probably the best nights sleep in a long time.





5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

That is SO CUTE! I have heard that from Moms - that babies like to sleep in drawers because of the close sides and how it reminds them of Mommy's womb.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Okay...that pictures is SO adorable of him in the drawer. You need to enter that somewhere. What a sweetheart! I'm glad you guys got to have some fun before returning to the grind.

4:26 PM  
Blogger The Wettstein Family said...

Awwww!! Owen has grown so much!! I LOVE the picture of him in the drawer! You should frame that and make everyone look at it!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Owen is so cute!! =) You two make cute kids!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Hawkins Family said...

Owen is just so dang cute and getting cuter every time I check you blog! I just want to kiss his chubby little cheeks! I can't believe he was 20 lbs. at his 6 month check-up! Carter finally pushed the 20 lbs. mark and is finally able to face forward in the car. That was quite an exciting change for all! When are you guys moving? I need to call you soon...I will call you soon!

Jess

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home