Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Kids

Owen is quickly approaching 4 years old and has officially entered kid-hood. He gets seriously into his pretend play scenarios, loves to do stunts and be crazy. He is very helpful and responsible, and has a great memory (somtimes too great). He loves Star Wars, pirates, Blues Clues, airplanes, all birds (especially baby chicks), the color pink (and blue, purple, and blue-ish green), and weapons (yikes!) He loves story time and just might have a crush on the story time librarian. We just started a little at home "preschool hour" and he really loves the activities and the one on one attention. He is such a dear little guy and hurts my heart on a regular basis! He is my good buddy, has a great sense of humor and is great company (which is good since we spend LOTS of time together).


Kate is now 7 months old! She loves trying all kinds of new foods, drinking from a sippy cup, sucking on her toes, clapping her feet, making a squinkled up face, laughing at Owen, and giving us all pats (as soon as you pick her up it's pat, pat, pat, pat on your back, even in the night when I get up to feed her. I might love this the most right now). She can sit up by her self, but usually still in a pillow nest as she's still a bit (a lot) top heavy. Her two teeth are big and sharp, and she has a wicked (although unintentional, I'm sure) pinch. She has one long hair that has been growing out of the side of her head where she doesn't really have any other hair. It's been there pretty much since she was a newborn and just keeps getting longer! I can't cut it. She is so happy, so good, and so beautiful. She is such a delight and makes us all so happy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

I just love those two kids of yours! We miss you guys tons! Today Gracen told me he wants to invite Owen to his birthday party. I told him we couldn't cause he lives in Ohio, and it's too far. He said, "But can't we invite him anyway?" You just might be getting a letter from Gracen soon! I told him no invite but he could color a picture. Wasn't sure an invite to a party 20 hours away would go over so well with Owen! Tell everyone hi for us!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Hawkins Family said...

Kate is so adorable! Owen is so handsome and getting So big! My heart hurts a little that you have a 7month old that I have never met. :( We seriously need to figure out a trip to meet up or something. That is crazy you can take lessons and fly in one day?! Glad to see you are all doing well.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home