Thursday, May 05, 2011

May the Fourth be With You


So, apparently May the Fourth is a big Star Wars day... as in May the Fourth be With You. Our local library put on a serious Star Wars party in honor of it, and we were lucky enough to score tickets! Our little Star Wars fanatic thought the whole thing was sooo cool. He carefully chose his attire, Darth Vader themed, and even brought along the coordinating light saber (red of course). The party was pretty sweet, I'll admit it. They had all these guys dressed up in awesome costumes, they totally looked authentic. There were various Star Wars movies playing on projectors throughout the library, and they had themed games and activities like "Feed Jabba the hut" (bean bag toss into his mouth) and "Pin the Hair on Leia". There was even a trivia station, and Owen's question was "What color is Darth Vader's light saber?" (which he answered correctly...way too easy) They got a sticker at each station, and once they had all their stickers they got to build a light saber out of duct tape and little pool noodles. He even got an official "Honorary Jedi Knight" certificate with his name on it. I'm pretty sure it was Owen's best night ever.
Owen wouldn't actually pose with any of these guys, so I tried to snag a few like this...
Owen wouldn't pose, but Kate did
When we got home, Dave asked Owen what the Star Wars guys were doing. His answer - "They were just looking around"
I gave Owen the camera and let him take a few shots... he got this one, and then started taking pictures of his hands.
Some more unofficial shots with the Star Wars Guys

When we first walked in the door, we saw these guys. I asked if Owen wanted to stand next to them for a picture. He very quietly answered "no thank you". Kind of intimidating, especially if you're not 100% sure they are just regular guys wearing costumes.
Our little Darth Vader, ready for the party!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

OH how fun! I didn't know the fourth, was "Star Wars" day, but it makes sense. I love that he said, No thank you. How cute! :)

11:11 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

oops...that's me not my husband.

11:11 PM  
Blogger jennie said...

How can we pass the message to all libraries to be so fun? The unposed shots of Owen w/ all the characters crack me up. Good work. He'll appreciate them later!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Hawkins Family said...

That is hilarious! I love that Own is such a fan of Star Wars. I love the picture of baby Kate with all the guys! :) Glad to see the fun things you are up to.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

AmAAAAAZING.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home