Owen's Pirate Hat
Owen is really into pirates. While we were in Maryland for the Fourth of July, Dave's mom bought Owen a pirate hat and it pretty much has not left his head since (Except for the trip to Canada, we "forgot" it at home). I've found it to be quite fun to travel around with a kid in a pirate hat, everyone is extra friendly :) Just for the record, places Owen has worn his pirate hat include...
-The entire drive home from Maryland, including a stop at McDonalds
-Various parks
-Multiple grocery stores
-The Air Force Museum
-The library (the librarian was so tickled she had to go find some other pirate thing to give him, so he ended up with a shiny gold bead necklace)
-All around our neighborhood for walks
-To bed at night (he even showed me how to adjust it so he can lay down with it on his head)
At the Air Force Museum. Earlier he had asked me if there were any pirate airplanes. I told him I didn't think so... sure enough, he found one.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home