Wednesday, August 10, 2011

June-ish Things

Here's a quick catch up in pictures of the beginning of our summer...

The Air Force puts on a Tattoo every year with bounce houses, displays, food, an air show and fireworks. As you can imagine, Owen LOVES this! Here's a parachute guy that was part of the air show.
Mini Thunderbird at the Tattoo
Owen loves birds, and I think it's really dear so it's hard to resist. I let him pick this lawn ornament blue jay out at the store. Here he has built it a nest.
Pretty flowers at one of our visits to the Children's Discovery Garden.
Owen draws "Saturn and a rocket ship"
Owen and Kate with their Mueller cousins at Nana's in Maryland.
We seeded all the dirt area in the back yard and had to water every day for awhile. Owen was a great helper, and especially loved helping me water :)
While we had grass seed, I asked Owen if he wanted to plant some grass seeds in a cup. I described the process to him and later I discovered this.
Our sweet Kate, about 31/2 months old.
I let Owen pick out Dave's birthday cake, and he chose this. Nothing say "Happy 30th Birthday Dave" like a watermelon cake eh? It was amazingly delicious.
Owen helped decorate for Dave's "Birthday Morning".
An ice cream truck came down our little dead-end street. I can't even imagine what was going through Owen's mind at this moment...best day ever!
Summer babies!
Rita's!! Never in our wildest dreams could we have imagined living in a place that actually has a Rita's! If you haven't tried it yet, you need to come visit us asap!
Owen and I found a little Robin's nest at our local Meijer store, tucked neatly in the lawn ornament section, outside. We checked on it every week while it was there. (which is how we found the lawn ornament blue jay that Owen loves)

2 Comments:

Blogger Hawkins Family said...

I am so excited to see posts! You all look so great. Kate is beautiful, Owen is adorable and hilarious! I so wish we lived close. I think he and Carter would be great friends. Glad to see you are doing well!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Kari Lyn said...

Oh Leanne! I've missed your awesome photos! The kids look great!!!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home