Saturday, August 13, 2011

Waterton

Part two of our journey included a stay in Waterton Lakes National Park. I can't help but feel lucky that I was born a mere hour away from this glorious place, and got to spend so much time there growing up. A trip to Alberta doesn't feel complete without a stop here, and we got to spend several days in in the park! Most of my mom's family came and we had a little reunion, complete with Grandma Lamb games (My grandma Lamb comes up with the most fantastic, creative, funny games. She could be a millionaire if she wrote a book with all her ideas). So we spent the better part of a week doing all the usual Waterton activites, throwing rocks in the lake, seeing bears, ice cream from Big Scoop, Red Rock Canyon, paddle boats on Cameron Lake, dinners in the camp kitchens, feeding chipmunks at Cameron Falls, hikes, new and improved playground, Prince of Wales hotel. Owen loved waking up in the mountains and one morning said "it smells delicious, it smells like mountains" - I agree little buddy, the mountains DO smell delicious!


Owen's "Happy Hat" - part of the Grandma Lamb activities. It was such a happy hat, he wore it around town for the next few days.
More Grandma Lamb games
And another one... this "rubber band game" is amazing.

Ice cream at Big Scoop
Cameron Falls
Brave little chipmunk and a happy Lucie


Red Rock Canyon






2 Comments:

Blogger Hawkins Family said...

It looks so beautiful there! I am sad I didn't ever make the journey up there with you. I laughed right out loud at the pictures from the "rubber band game"! Owen and Kate are so cute! Carter just got his 3rd pair of skeleton pjs this last weekend! Last year he was Rick Lantz on the outside but you better believe he had his skeleton on underneath that suit! :) Glad to see you are doing well!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

YEA! Perfectly said Lee.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home