Sunday, March 20, 2011

Introducing...

Katherine Arami Mueller
March 10, 2011 7:35am
8 pounds 7 ounces
21 inches

Miss Kate arrived via scheduled c-section and everything went well with the surgery and delivery (except for the failed IV attempt that I STILL have a 6 inch long bruise from). She is sweet as can be and perfect in every way. She has been very nice to us so far... sleeping well, eating well, generally content to be here. She even gives us 4 (sometimes 5) hour stretches of sleep at night (but don't tell her doctor that I'm not waking her up every 2 hours). She's like babies I've only heard about, but didn't believe actually existed (4 hours of sleep the first WEEK??) So we're feeling pretty lucky, and hoping our luck continues :) Owen has been really great, seems happy to have her here, and likes sharing his toys with her. He shh's us when she's sleeping, and constantly tries to give her the binky whether she wants it or not. Again, hoping our good luck lasts :) Being indecisive as we are, it took us until the last minute to decide on a name... We've liked Katherine/Kate since I was pregnant with Owen, so decided if we still liked it 3 years later, must be a good sign. Arami means "My Heaven" in Guarani... a language Dave spoke while serving his mission in Paraguay. We love our little girl and are so happy to finally have her here!

For more photos go here...

6 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Congrats again! She is darling. Sorry about your bruise! Glad everything else went well.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Aunna and Phillip said...

Congratulations!!! She's beautiful, and glad you're doing well.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Sim said...

Congrats Leeanne! She is soooooooo beautiful, glad you're doing good!

5:31 PM  
Blogger allison said...

Congratulations! she is darling. Hope all is going well with you guys in residency.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Congrats LEELEE! She is a doll and I just want to moosh her cheeks! I love her name! So elegant! I need your address! Love ya, miss ya!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm counting down the minutes until I get to hold this little peach myself.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home