Finally...
Ok, honestly, January has been a long, cold, snowed-in kind of month for us. We have been spending lots of time in our house, and our list of "things-to-do that are cheap/free, indoors, and kid friendly" has about three items on it (1.Play area at the mall 2. Kids room at the library 3. Toy isle at Target). Occasionally we go a couple of days without even going outside (like when it's way below zero, or dumping snow). I have been sensing a bit of cabin fever creeping in, and it's not just me. Owen has been wearing his coat and hat around the house pretty regularly. It might just be a "thing" (he's really into hats right now), but I think he's trying to tell me something. Coat + hat = out of the house...right? He's also been obsessed with looking out the windows and even cried once when I tried closing the blinds. Yeah...cabin fever. Yesterday morning he wore this around for awhile.
You'll notice that "bowling" was not on my list of possibilities. That's because I can't remember the last time I've been bowling (seriously, I tried, but I couldn't). I think I had forgotten it was even a possibility. So when our friends suggested bowling yesterday, I was all for it. The bowling alley we went to was non-smoking, had coupons for free games, gave free passes to an *indoor* water park, and was NOT in our living room. They also had some sweet neon light ceiling fans. All major perks. Plus, I get to add a fourth item on my list of "things-to-do".
The flash wasn't on when Dave tried to capture Owen's first (and only) attempt (if you can call it that) at bowling...so this is the best we could get. If you look at the bottom-right corner, you can see that Owen triggered the buzzer for crossing the line. We spent the rest of the night trying to keep him out of our (and the neighbor's) lanes.
Yes he is facing away and wearing his hat. Wiggly little guys and dim lighting make picture taking tricky, and I really wanted a picture of him in front of the lanes for some reason.
Also, I think bowling with a 3-year-old is a must.
They get cuter shoes...
And I probably needed the bumpers more than she did. One time my ball zig-zagged down the lane, bouncing off both bumpers before finally knocking down a few pins. I tried not to pay too much attention to my score, but I think (with the help of the bumpers) I might have broken 70.
Right now the sun is shining and the snow is melting. Let's just say, my expectations for February are pretty high.
Right now the sun is shining and the snow is melting. Let's just say, my expectations for February are pretty high.

11 Comments:
Don't let todays warm weather fool you. It doesn't warm up until at least early April, maybe the end of March.
Where is this smoke free alley?
The bowling alley is called Cedar Lanes http://www.cedarlanes.com/ and it was smoke free, and didn't even have that "used to be smokey" smell. It was great. You can get coupons for free games here http://www.ohiocoupons.com/cedarlanes.html
So we paid $3 for shoes, and that's it! I would totally go back again, so if you guys are ever in the mood for some bowling, let us know!
Star Lanes, about 1/2 mile down from Cedar Lanes, is smoke-free and has the glow bowl too. If you are ever going in the evening (which I guess you probably wouldn't be) it tends to have less rude teenagers than Cedar Lanes (and if you don't have free coupons, it's a lot cheaper too!)
Sweet! I want to take Cory sometime. Now I know it's a possibility with Kevin!
Oooh all those lights and sounds must have dazzled Owen's little brain. Glad to hear he didn't have any seizures. But I had to comment on that sweet fan picture with the neon lights - Jonah would have pooped his pants if he saw that. I don't know why, but he loves ceiling fans!
We'll have to go again, I love that shoe picture, it is so fun, and actually kinda makes the weird shoes look cute!
awesome post Lee...
Bowling sounds fun! Course I am terrible at it, and probably would have got a worse score than you! I am guilty of staying in doors a lot the last two months. My poor girls are bored out of their minds! It's just hard for me to want to get out with the cold freezing wheather and being sick on top of it. I hope it heats up fast for you and me!
Soooo fun and cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time!
I would die! Actually, I love to stay home, but my boys would go CRAZY! I have to take them somewhere every day. Do you have a McDonalds/Burger King? Even if you just buy 3 cookies for $1 it's fun to go play on the toys.
I am so glad I am not the only white trash that lets her kids run around the toy aisle at Target!!! Love it!
Post a Comment
<< Home