A Lot Can Change in a Year...Or Two
Yesterday my baby turned one. I am one who likes to reminisce, so naturally, I've been reminiscing a lot about "this time last year" lately. I am amazed at how much can change in just a year.


I already can't imagine life without our little Owie-Bug! He is so good natured and has this budding little sense of humor. He is still big, and can eat A LOT! He loves softness (like piles of laundry or stuffed animals), loves to carry things around the house (he's always got something...diaper, toy, sock, piece of paper) loves to laugh and make crazy faces, loves his bed (he cries if he sees me pull it apart to change the sheets), and he loves to play, sing songs, and read books! He is such a joy and we are so happy that he is in our family! Happy Birthday little (big) Owen!
Owen's "Birthday Morning". A Dahl family tradition. We would wake up on our birthday morning and the table would be decorated with presents and those little curly things on the light. We got to open our presents before school! Owen had to wait, since Dave left early for work.


Opening presents... it took him awhile to figure out this first one



A year ago Owen looked like this
And I looked like this. I know, right? This was the night before my scheduled c-section. Are we surprised that the doctor recommended an ultrasound to check his size at my last appointment? (They discovered that he was in fact, quite large, especially his head and shoulders...hence the scheduled c-section). And no, I couldn't bend over far enough to load the dishwasher.
I also had to include a picture from when pregnancy was still kind of fun and cute...I could still put dishes in the dishwasher at this point.
And only two short years ago babies weren't in the picture at all. Dave and I were still enjoying the benefits of one (small) income and the adventures that are much less complicated when "grownups only" are involved.
Singing "Happy Birthday" at his party later that night. How cute are all the kids on the floor? I don't think anyone even told them to sit there like that. I think maybe they have been to a few birthday parties before.
Group shot of Owen's little friends
See? Softness...
He soon got the hang of it

6 Comments:
Lee, he is just SO precious. I love his smiling cake pictures...I'm sure his giggle is awesome and it makes me smile just to think about it. Happy Birthday Owen! I wish I could meet him, he seems like a great little guy.
I wish I could meet Owen. I know from that big cake eatin' smile that he's a joy...Happy Birthday Owen!
So cute! It's crazy how fast a year has gone by! Looks like Owen had a great birthday! I love the smiles he has while eating his cake! He looks like he is in heaven!
I loved the look he had on his face when everyone was singing to him! He is such a cute boy! Happy birthday! We had fun celebrating with you!
i loved every detail about this post. me and jonah were just looking at it and jonah was smiling at his happy face pictures. happy birthday dearest owie bug!
So fun Lee! Congrats on making it through the first year. Now you have to hurry and get pregnant before he reaches the super crazy toddler stage that makes you NEVER want another child again! :) Just kidding. I'm sure Owen is as innocent as can be. Loves and Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment
<< Home