Friday, March 26, 2010

My 365


Last January I decided to do a year-long project that involved taking a picture every day for 365 days. So, starting January 31, 2009 (fashionably late) I did just that. There are a lot of variations of this project out there, but mine was pretty basic... take at least one picture every day, and record it on a blog. Sometimes it was hard to come up with something to take a picture of every day (as you will notice if you look through the pictures), but I love that it helped me record little memories that I might have otherwise not noticed, or forgotten. Most days I took more than one picture, other days I took exactly one... just so I had something to post. Sometimes I chose what picture to post because I liked the picture, other times I chose because I liked the memory that went with it, sometimes it was the only picture I took from that day whether I liked it or not. Most of the pictures are not "good" photographs, but I love that I have a little memory from each day of an entire year recorded this way. I also love that I actually got to finish this project thanks to the wonderful person who returned my camera to me (I had at least a months worth of photos on the camera that had never been uploaded, right at the END of my project!)

You can check out My 365 blog here

4 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

This is Awesome!! What a great thing to do. I went to your other blog and took a look at all your pictures from the past year. I love this idea! You should keep it up!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Usually Kristen sometimes Kevin said...

What a fantastic idea. I find, like you said, that there are a lot of little memories that I miss out on by not recording them. Plus we don't take enough pictures as is. Thanks for the idea and maybe we'll have to try it.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

This is a fabulous and inspiring idea. LOVE it Lee!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Brett and Rachael said...

I looooove this idea! I think I will try this next January. That is a great resolution...a fun one that maybe I can actually follow through with. :) Or maybe I'll start on my birthday so I don't have to wait that long. I didn't make it through all of your pics, but looked through a ton of them. Fun to see what you were up to last year. Sometimes I don't like to look at your blog, it makes me miss you lots! :( Love you guys!

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home