Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sisters Reunion

In celebration of my oldest sister's 40th birthday, we decided to have a (kid free!) sisters reunion at her place in Gilbert, Arizona. She lives in a charming neighborhood, across the street from a fruit orchard, a cupcake bakery, a farm that grows vegetables for the neighboring restaurant (more on that later), and parks and other darling houses. I still can't believe it is a real place where real people live. The best part of the whole trip (besides 3 nights in a row of uninterrupted sleep) was being together as our own little family of origin again! All the kids, plus parents were there, plus my Grandma Lamb. We had some great family time, and even spent time finding an old house of one of our ancestors, as well as his gravestone. My grandma was full of amazing stories, most I'd never heard before. We partied hard (in the form of shopping, eating, movie watching, and visiting the family history center) and before I knew it, the weekend was over. 


At the orchard near Angie's house.

Me and Gma Lamb.

Orange picking. 

This restaurant is literally a 2 minute walk from my sister's house. We ate the most delicious meal here, with produce grown right there on the farm. It's so delicious it was even on this show... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhmGyyEHlTg

At a nearby nature preserve. These guys were so big, they each had their own personalities.

Three of the four of us.

Joe's Farm Grill. I had the burger, and yes... it is that good.

In front of the house of Benjamin Franklin Johnson, an old pioneer ancestor of ours. My grandma's father was born in this house.

Just some oranges... they grow everywhere and smell crazy good.
Sisters!
Orange picking.

Back to the nature preserve.

5 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

I love Joe's Farm Grill too. My brother lives in Phoenix and we head out there almost everytime we visit him. Yum!

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leanne! I live like down the street from your sister! Not literally but in Val Vista Lakes community. We love Joe's as well!

1:11 AM  
Blogger Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Lee, you look so beautiful! I love your hair. What a fun vacation. Miss you always.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Such happy memories!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

How fun to be with all your sisters! You look great Leanne, hope you had a great birthday a few days ago!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home