Christmas 2011
We were able to spend Christmas in Maryland with family and it was heavenly. A weeks worth of great company, good food, and lots of cousins, Aunties, and a Nana to keep us all happy :) We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Dave's mom's house, then we all went up to Deep Creek Lake to hang out a nice big cabin with lots of room for all of us. Then back to the Muellers for New Years Eve before we ventured home again. During that time Dave and I had our 8th anniversary (yes, I said 8... crazy) and we also got to see my sister and her family on a little day trip since they live fairly close in Virginia. Kate also got roseola which kept us both up for several nights in a row, so I spent New Years Eve in a foggy, sleep deprived haze...we all stayed up until midnight though, and Owen thought it was a great party even though he didn't really "get" what we were celebrating. All in all, a wonderful holiday that was over too quickly.
Santa at Dave's work party. Owen was first in line to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas.
Kate didn't mind the visit either.Owen's gingerbread creation. I think all the candy was eaten off the thing within 24 hours.
Packing for Maryland. Kate is getting into everything these days.
Sweet little Joseph, getting ready for the Christmas Eve Nativity.
Cousins nativity, Kate was baby Jesus.
I wish these cousins lived next door. Owen and Kate were so happy surrounded by all the kids.
Christmas PJs
I love this little Christmas tradition. Beside the plate of cookies for Santa, the kids ask Santa questions. Owen wanted to know what his favorite cookie was (but had already decided it was the yellow jingle bell cookie)
Christmas morning!
With that many people in one house on Christmas morning, you end up with a lot of paper. I think Kate liked this more than her presents :)
We met up with my sister and her family at Dinosaur Land - it was half way between us so we each only had to drive an hour. It was pretty amazing looking, awesome paper mache type dinos from the 1960s. Sadly it was closed... so we had to move on to plan B.
Luckily their main attractions like this 60, 70, or 90 foot octopus (depending on which sign you read) were right by the fence.
Plan B was a quick trip to the Skyline Caverns. We had a nice little tour through the caves and saw lots of cool rock formations.
This was the only one we were allowed to touch.
Kate was not a fan.
These are anthrodites, apparently pretty rare and first discovered in this cave (according to the tour guide) they were really cool crystals with long spikey arms.
After our cave adventure we headed to Cafe Rio for some lunch. Perfect way to spend New Years Eve Day!

2 Comments:
Love all the updates, and the fact that Owen's favorite color is still pink, and the cute pictures of Kate and Owen!! Miss you guys!
Everything about this update made me laugh- amazing, amazing amazing. Kate is such a cute little mush! I want to hold her so bad, the pictures made me grit my teeth a little bit because of her mushness.
Owen is hilarious too- oh I love that funny dude! Let's face time again or something- must see you guys again soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home