Vermilion
Dave has been working long days all weekend, so I decided to go for a little adventure and check out Vermilion. I even talked one of my friends into coming with me last minute. I had no idea it was such a beautiful place! It was such a fun day, we'll have to take Dave back with us sometime.
Lots of water, boats and waterfront properties thanks to the lovely river that winds through town.


I loved main street.
Owen loved his "baby cone"
Main Street Beach

Collecting rocks...
...so he can throw them
Ok, all you locals out there... any other little gems I should know about? (towns, parks, beaches, trails etc) I know there's lots to do around here in the summertime, so if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them!
Lots of water, boats and waterfront properties thanks to the lovely river that winds through town.

2 Comments:
Just beautiful. Add it to the list of places to visit next time I come to your house! Those baby ice cream cones sound so extra yummy to me for some reason. mmmmmm.
OK - finally a minute to respond to this post!
Every 3rd Thursday from May through September, Vermilion has what they call "3rd Thursday...Music, Flowers & a Sunset". It goes from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Various bands and singers are playing in the downtown area at different businesses, where you've taken pictures. The band that Kyle is in normally plays. He won't be there in June, but should normally be there. Their band is the River City Swing Band.
There is a park called Mill Hollow in Vermilion that you would like. I can give you directions. Is isn't right in town. (Probably 10 minutes from town.) It has the river running through it and a couple of playgrounds. It is one of the Metroparks, so sometimes they have activities going on, but normally is is very quiet.
Our favorite ice cream shop is Granny Joe's, and it looks like you hit that one!
We like the Main Street Beach ok, but when all of our family came out to visit, we took them to the beach at Sherod Park. Much less crowded (like zero people). It was their favorite part of the trip. They could've spent 100% of their time throwing rocks and playing in the sand and water and they would've been happy! It is on Route 6...you probably drove by it if you came in that way.
In June, we have the "Festival of the Fish". I think it is the 17th-19th, but I'm not positive. You can get tons of food that you wouldn't normally eat (and probably shouldn't eat!) and there are booths, singers on stage, games for kids (but not a ton), etc. We go every year. My kids could spend a ton of time there!
We love living in Vermilion, but it is hard to tell you of things to do! This is a start, anyway.
Post a Comment
<< Home