Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a very happy Easter full of egg hunts, baskets, and we even had a delicious dinner with friends. Hope yours was happy too!

Owen checking out his basket on Easter morningHe really loves the chair. It doesn't seem to matter how many times he falls out of it.On Saturday we had an egg hunt with some friends in our little neighborhood. Once Owen found one for each hand, he didn't bother hunting for any more. Fellow egg huntersThis year we were lucky and got TWO Easter weekends. We drove to Maryland to have some early Easter celebrations with Dave's family. Owen loved pretty much everything about the trip- cats, dogs, chickens, mud puddles, tractors, cousins, grandparents, egg coloring, candy... what's not to love? It is always great to see family, and we got to enjoy perfect weather! We even came home (to snow) with little sunburns (including Owen...oops gotta put a hat over his wispy hairs I guess). I love that they plant flowers along the freeways there. There were hundreds of yellow daffodils, and that made me happy.

Chasing the cats while yelling "OWWWWW" (his cat noise) pretty much guaranteed that he didn't get to pet them much.He got really into coloring eggs.
Finding his egg that happens to match the house in the background.Cousin group shot
Last years cousin group shot... a lot can change in a year, especially when you're one.One more from last year...couldn't help revisiting the "egg bed"

3 Comments:

Blogger jessica.pope said...

I laughed so hard when I saw Owen kickin' back hardcore in that cute little chair. He seems like such a character. Looks like you guys had a great Easter! You take some great pictures, Lee...I'm jealous! And you have a GREAT subject! :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Those were some serious laugh out loud pictures. I loved the kickin' it in the chair shot. So many funny pictures. SO CUTE!

12:35 AM  
Blogger dynamike said...

Awesome pictures. I laugh out loud at Owen loungin' back in his chair with his milk sippy... BAhahaa! Such a fun Easter. I'm glad you included egg bed too by the way! What a coot toot!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home