
We love Chicago. If you have never been there, go. Dave and I went for the first time with my dad a couple of years ago (to the month even), and this past weekend we got to go again. Visiting a second time confirmed it, Chicago is the best, and their pizza is to die for. There was an anesthesiology conference there and one of the doctors Dave worked with on his anesthesia rotation sponsored him, so we packed up the car and headed out first thing Friday morning. Dave spent a lot of the time at the conference, and it was kind of rainy while we were there, but we still had lots of full, fun days and ate lots of tasty Chicago treats.

The brick building in front is our hotel, the big shiny one behind it is where the conference was. We were more than happy with our Red Roof Inn experience, it was right on the Magnificent Mile and about half the price of the other fancy places nearby.

Hotel Entrance.

These signs were right next to a giant skyscraper. We were thinking that falling ice coming from that height could cause some serious trouble.

Owen in his high chair throne watching a dog show. He was so delighted by the dog show, I think it was a trip highlight for him. Apparently he's annoyed that I'm interrupting.

So excited about the toys at the lego store, he couldn't resist climbing right up on the table. I guess a responsible mom would have removed him from the table, there weren't any other kids, so I let him stay for a minute.


He was even more excited about the windows at the lego store. They were just his height, glass floor included.




Some pictures from a very wet Navy Pier. The tops of the buildings were all hiding in clouds. On our walk back to the hotel, Owen and I got caught in a downpour. Luckily, he had a plastic cover for his stroller. I, on the other hand, ended up totally soaked through and even had crazy snaggle hair from the wind. Drowned rat perhaps?


Lincoln Park Zoo. Most of it was indoors. Owen was amazed and dazzled, and learned that bears say "roar". I learned that when Chimpanzees smear poop on the window and then eat it, it causes a gag reflex.

Did I say "kind of rainy?" Chicago got dumped on. This was our ramp onto the freeway.
8 Comments:
What a fun trip! Jonah and I have just examined your pictures very carefully. When he saw the pizza he yelled out "Kucky" haha! (but I know better) and he yells out "OWN" when he sees Owen's picture. so fun Lee! "Own" couldn't be cuter.
You are an awesome photographer!
Looks like a lot of rain! I have never been, but we are planning a trip this summer.
It looks so fun, I really need to convince Nate! Maybe I'll just have to show him your blog, that'll do the trick!
How fun!! David is going to be in Michigan for a month and we plan on meeting him in Chicago one of the weekends! Hope it doesn't rain on us like it did you!
HAHA!! You are so funny Leanne! A Drowned rat?! hehe. What a fun experience though besides getting soaked through! Your explaination of Chicago pizza had me drooling! :) Guess I need to get out more and travel, the farthest east I have been is Colorado. Sad eh? I never thought about ice falling from Huge buildings before either, that would cause quite the headache. Owen is such a cutie and you take awesome pictures!
That looks like such a fun trip. Leanne, I really like your photographs. You have a very good eye.
Glad to see you don't have a pic of that chimp poop.
Post a Comment
<< Home