Thursday, March 26, 2009

Denver

Right now my family is scattered across North America. We love to get together, but that usually requires some complicated planning, especially if it involves more than two people. In the last couple of weeks I've been able to see two of my three sisters, their families, and my parents. Part one of this family gathering took place in Denver at my sisters house. Denver weather is kind of weird, especially in the winter, but while I was there it was clear, sunny, and warm (over 70 degrees). My sister-in-law is there right now, and I think she's in the middle of a blizzard. I wore t-shirts, sandals, and sat in their hammock in the sun. Who needs Mexico, right? Owen was in heaven, with four very attentive cousins, a trampoline, dirt piles, light sabers, and choo choos up to his eyeballs.

Owen with his McConkie cousins

Light sabers were a big deal on this trip. At one point my 3 year old nephew had 4 clipped to his shorts.

More hammock time...I could have spent all week in that hammock


We went to a state park that had lots of cool snaggle trees.

Heading off into the Colorado wilderness

Do you think he's had a few colds this winter? Naturally, he got one while we were there... so did the littlest cousin, and eventually the rest of us got it too. It isn't a Dahl family gathering unless at least half of us get sick with something :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Looks like fun! I love the snaggle tree, that's a site to see! Owen looks like he was having a great time with his cousins, the hammock looks fun!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home